Skip to main content

Secondary 3 Adventure Camp @ Jalan Betera

Finally I'm blogging again. Couldn't blogged yesterday as I was too exhausted to do so. Going to blog about the 3 days spent at the Sec 3 Camp.

Day 1
Morning Assembly was as usual then the Sec 3s went to the hall for a ice breaker activity. My group name was Boombastic, team 18, the last group and had Sarah, Peilan, Linxiao, Wanda, Rachel, Jingxia, Peiyong, Khiewhaw, Liying, Qiuling, Larry, Darryl, Changshuo, Francis, Victor, Andy, Zhengkai and Wenzheng. I managed to get to know all of them except for 3 of them. After thinking of the group name Dinni, our instructor created a cheer. Then we took the same bus as team 17. The trip was a short one to me, half an hour journey. Then we assembled at the quardrangle which was familiar to me since I went there before for P5 Camp. First activity we did was some drawing of mindmap for what we want to achieve by the end of the camp and it was a whole 1 hour of task just outside the campsite. Then we were brought to our respective bunks and I realised they had renovated the place already. Instead of hot and stuffy tents the last time, now there are 2-storeys well-ventilated bunks. It was lunch time then and it was Nasi Briyani. Straight away after lunch we started the first activity for the day which is outdoor cooking. Cooked egg by barbecue method by placing it in an orange and an onion. We dug the inside part of the orange and onion out and cracked it inside. The egg in the orange tasted weird, slightly sourish taste and the egg taste. I didn't taste the onion one. Then we made donuts also barbecued ones. Tasted very nice even though it didn't had sugar toppings. Next it was boring lesson at the belay school. Taught us how to belay and stuff and was conducted by out the other instructor. Then was orientation of how to use a compass when trekking and so we trekked outside to the swamp which is where we had our nature rumble!! Surely it did brought back memories which I experienced being dirty and smelly with mud over my whole body the last time and I couldn't bathe until the end of day and it was somemore the first activity of the 2nd day that time. At the swamp, we were asked to squat until the mud reaches our neck level. Yucks. Then the fun part came, water activities. Yay. We supposed to make a raft but it was a disaster somehow, didn't had enough ropes and time was up and kayating time. That's the nicest activity for that day. First we tested our lifevest by falling frontwards and backwards. Kayating had to be with the opposite sex so I did with Larry. I sat infront since I was shorter and ended up we turned around because we were sitting in the wrong direction. haha... We were taught different ways to kayat and it came to one point where we were allowed to jump from our boats and I did and my hairband sank down into the sea. =( By then it was time for dinner and we had our bath and I managed to get the shower without queueing up. Then we had a night walk after that being blind folded and infront of me was Sarah and behind was Andy. We somehow knew that we were walking in circles and I heard that Francis banged into the pillar while walking and Xiuzhen said Alan was "cleaning" the car when he was lost from his group as he was feeling his way around. Finally it came to a stop and we slowly removed our blindfolds and we ended up at the quadrangle. Then it was time for supper which was curry puffs and milo. Then had debrief and not a smooth one. Lights off was at 12 and before sleeping Xiuzhen, Guanyi and I were sitting together at Bunk 10 downstairs for fun.

Day 2
In the middle of the night, I woke up and heard irritating sounds which is why I couldn't sleep but as soon as it stopped, I managed to fall asleep again and woken up by the people around us at 5 plus. So early what are they doing, so I slept again and finally woke up at 6.15. My usual time of waking up for school and I washed up and assembled at quadrangle and we did our Physical Training. We did warm ups and jumping jacks and finally it was Nasi Lemak for breakfast. Whole morning was Team Dynamics. First we played turn over a new leaf. We squeezed onto a piece of poncho and had to flip it over but we failed that task. Next was at the quadrangle and a rope forming a large circle and had 4 little statues of egypt stuff in the middle and we had to use another rope to get it out from the circle with dragging or dropping. We suceeded in that even though halfway we tried cheating but couldn't. Then it was being blindfolded again and darryl had to guide us to form shape using a rope and when blindfolds were removed we guessed the shape correctly - heart, although it was at an odd shape. Another game being blindfolded was that Changshuo had to lead us without touching us but by just telling us the direction to each cone at every corner. Then it was a game of squeeziness again and 19 of us had to squeeze onto a piece of block which is just the size of only 4 school tables put together. The first few trials we didn't suceed and halfway through, Darryl and Changshuo had a fall but luckily it wasn't a bad one. Finally a good idea came about which was the bigger sized guys form a barrier on 3 sides of the block and the rest just squeeze in and that suceeded. Then it was another activity which we had to grab the tyre in the middle and swing across to the other side - suceeded. Then it was back to the quadrangle and we grouped into guys and girls team of a race using wodden planks walking in coordination. Then we had to pitch a tent and then keep it back. Finally a rest and we chatted with Dinni. Next was campcraft conducted by instructor Luke and we were taught how to tie different kinds of knots. Then it was time for lunch and even thoug we were full we did abseiling and that instructor was really mean. Before I did that activity he asked me if I've done this before, I said I did flying fox at this camp when I was in P5 in Marymount Convent. Then he asked if I remember him and I said no. That was when I thought I should have say yes because he said he'll make me remember me. Furthermore I was afraid of height and so I went down slowly and he hurried me so went down faster and suddenly his waterbottle was held above me and he poured his water on me. Horrible guy. Joanne was a victim too, she had to do a split on the wall if not she would not be let down.
We could not do flying fox because it was spoilt and so we carried on to high ropes. Reached there, Meijing was feeling frightened and was stuck up there. The instructor didn't want to let her down as he wants her to give it a try. She broke down into tears too as she was extremely terrified but in the end she managed to do it but didn't complete the whole task. Actually I didn't planned to do but Dinni "forced" me to do so I chose the easiest one which is a log across but was very high up. When I was climbing up I had taught of giving up but luckily I didn't. Finally it was done with and I was back on the ground. Next was Rock Climbing and before it reached my turn, rain started dripping and all activities had to be stopped. =( Oh great, 2 activities that I really want to do couldn't be done. Then it was dinner time and they purposely made the ones who came from Nature Rumble to scoop the food. Then we were allowed to bathe and this time I had to queue up. We called the camp shirt like funeral shirts as it was black and white only but the Sec 3 last yr said ours are much better. Then it was campfire! The event that mark the existence of this camp. We waited so long to have our group being called out to say our cheer and we were the last. Some groups done really well. Our camp song was I Dream. We also shouted cheers and had a Deyi Idol and we sent out Victor who was realy urgent and needed to go to the toilet. They were blindfolded and had to dance and the way he dance was jumping non-stop in that way when one is feeling urgent. haha... Really hilarious. Finally it was a Malay or Indian Guy who won, it could really improvise the actions that were given and when he removed his blindfold, he couldn't walk straight. Then it was supper then debrief which I didn't enjoy again. They extented the lights out time to 2am. Yay. =) This time, Guanyi, Vicknes and I were sitting at my bunk downstairs and Xiuzhen was missing in action. Next morning then we found out that she came back to our bunk the area at 1.45am which is the time that I went to sleep and Guanyi and Vicknes went for their councillor meeting.

Day 3
That night I slept real well as I was extremely tired. Next morning we didn't have Physical Training but we needed to be at pumping position as some people weren't wearing shoes and had to be in that position until they've changed to their shoes. Then it was breakfast which was beehoon. Then we pack our stuff and had to clear up the place. Fortunately my group just had to pack the instructor's props into the van and nothing more while some groups had to wash the toilet. =X Then I was feeling so tired as soon as we assembled at the quadrangle. I really slept on my bag infront of me until I was woken up to do some survey thing and then I just lay of my bag but not sleeping already. Then the journey back to school was a long one. I just take my hat off for Sarah. Before I fell asleep, she was having a friendly quarrel with Zheng kai, Francis and Andy and when I woke up, which was half an hour later, she was still quarrelling. =S How could a person quarrel for that long? When I woke up, coincidentally the bus was just at the road outside my house. Back in school, we said our cheers and Sam Lim scolded the Sec 1 class and we like make the cheering sound [negative one] because I feel like he wants to be a discipline master then he shouted at us "SHUT UP!" Everyone was feeling so happy and he had to shout at us? Obviously we didn't bother about that becuase we were just feeling so high. Then we were released and said our byes to the instructors. ='( Later I went to Ang Mo Kio Central with Xiuzhen, Guanyi, Winnie to eat lunch and the Assistant Manager there was friendly to us. He chatted with us and said Macdonald's is a healthy meal as many of his friends' doctor had encouraged them to eat. That I couldn't believe. Then all of them went to my house and slack. I opened up my sleeping bag and Guanyi and Winnie lay on it our I helped Xiuzhen to do her blog filled with 5566 and Sylvester photos. =S haha... What a wonderful time I had at Jalan Behtera! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medications, medications, medications. Only the third week of 2006 and I've fallen ill. Must be the weather. This is like the repetition of last year where I also had the same sickness - fever, flu, phlegm and coarsed voice. That was when and started failing chemistry after a day absent from school. How sad. Good thing this time it was over the weekends if not, I can't imagine what will happen with O levels coming up. I think it started when I caught in the rain then got to an air-conditioned room. Anyway, over the weekends I just rested and sleep and never do any revision! Ahh... Oh shucks. That's so slack. Alamak. So far this year it's been okay with the change of teachers and stuff and I think it CHANGED FOR THE BETTER and that's great for me. hah. Also, schedules shifted and now I've got TWO free days of the weekdays, that means, more days to study instead of last year's one. For my failing subjects, I think I need to do something about it. My amaths is

Year 2005

Happy New Year~! So quickly another year has began and 2 more days school reopens which I'm feeling rather excited but bored at the same time. Excited to meet new classmates and finding out which teacher are teaching us and bored that I have to wake up early every morning again and going to school to study. Just now we were in church practising All Day for the 2nd January and dinner we ate at KK hospital again. Straight away after that we got changed into shorts to get ready for baptism. The estimation of the baptism of each person wasn't that accurate as stated on the paper. Gladys and family was there and Vicknesh [spelling error?] was there too whom my brother told Deeben that it was his twin. haha... Both are so skinny. It was my first time opening my eyes in water. Samuel helped us to take photo and as soon as I got out of the water, I was freezing cold. My father prayed for us then we went to change. Then they had overnight worship which we didn't attend because Glady
Hey. I've been studying Chinese only for the past few days which kind of makes me worry for the rest of the subjects but I musn't fail my Chinese anymore. Must really study, not like last time, don't really care about it. Hope I'll be able to pass my A Maths which is another of my weak subjects other than Chinese. I've finally have self-discipline of not going online to chat. =) That's good news. haha. I'm not sure what happened to my shoutbox or my computer, I can't tag. Okay. That's all for now. Nights.