Skip to main content

Happy Chinese New Year!

Finally able to blog again and now it's all about Chinese New Year. Yesterday I had reunion dinner with my mother's side relatives at Kim Kim house. We had tepanyanki which is really very fulfilling. I ate until I could eat no more. Today I woke up at 9 plus and changed into my new clothes. Yay~ House visits weren't the same as last year. This year instead of going to my paternal grandmother's house first, we went to Sengkang with Kim Kim's family to visit Lao Kou Ma. This time she couldn't even recognise my mum and I think she's already 90+ years old. Zi Yi couldn't recognise me and even thought I was someone's girlfriend. =S Good news is that many people commented that I've grown taller. =) Then next was to bishan to visit Lao Mm because Bernard wanted to as he missed Chinese New Year for 2 years already although we seldom visit her. The dog there was so cute, really look like Cody from the farm in Perth. Then it was to my paternal grandmother's house while Kim Kim they all went to my maternal grandmother's house. We ate our lunch there, the same dishes annually - beancurd and soup with cabbages. After lunch I got glued to the television as channel 8 was showing a very touching movie and the way the children cried made my mum and I had tears welling up our eyes. So laughing isn't the only contagious thing, crying too. Unfortunately we had to go to my maternal's grandmother house and I just hesistated and pulled away from the television. Ended up the same show was on there so I watched till the end which I then started to play blackjack as usual with my cousins and aunties. We bet small amount - 10c, 20c. Every year I would use the same coins for the game, so the pouch would not be touched until new year comes again. The first "zheng" [Not sure about the spelling but it somehow means banker] was Kim Kim. It wasn't a good start for me but later on when my mum became the "zheng", I got blackjack. hehe~ After a few rounds Alan kor kor and his family came and he became the "zheng". It was really very funny to play with him as he kept on boasting in a joking manner that he would win. Ended up when he left, he counted and he made no loss or gain. For me I gained 70c. Then we took a break for a while and went back to the room to continue but this time we played bridge. An intellectual game, that's what my brother said, there's even such a CCA in schools. The game was very fun and we played until my family had to eat. The food was delicious as usual and I ate until I was bloated again. I think I'm growing fat. =X Hopefully not, since this is once a year thing. Then it was back to the room and we cousins took photos together. Later left the place and went to Redhill to visit my paternal granduncle. He again told proverbs and facts about life and I was half listening and watching television. Next was to Ang Mo Kio to visit my paternal side one relative, just opposite my school. Every PE lesson last year jogged near there. I began feeling sleepy there and I doze off for a little while. Then it was home sweet home.

*_xing nian quai le_*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medications, medications, medications. Only the third week of 2006 and I've fallen ill. Must be the weather. This is like the repetition of last year where I also had the same sickness - fever, flu, phlegm and coarsed voice. That was when and started failing chemistry after a day absent from school. How sad. Good thing this time it was over the weekends if not, I can't imagine what will happen with O levels coming up. I think it started when I caught in the rain then got to an air-conditioned room. Anyway, over the weekends I just rested and sleep and never do any revision! Ahh... Oh shucks. That's so slack. Alamak. So far this year it's been okay with the change of teachers and stuff and I think it CHANGED FOR THE BETTER and that's great for me. hah. Also, schedules shifted and now I've got TWO free days of the weekdays, that means, more days to study instead of last year's one. For my failing subjects, I think I need to do something about it. My amaths is

Year 2005

Happy New Year~! So quickly another year has began and 2 more days school reopens which I'm feeling rather excited but bored at the same time. Excited to meet new classmates and finding out which teacher are teaching us and bored that I have to wake up early every morning again and going to school to study. Just now we were in church practising All Day for the 2nd January and dinner we ate at KK hospital again. Straight away after that we got changed into shorts to get ready for baptism. The estimation of the baptism of each person wasn't that accurate as stated on the paper. Gladys and family was there and Vicknesh [spelling error?] was there too whom my brother told Deeben that it was his twin. haha... Both are so skinny. It was my first time opening my eyes in water. Samuel helped us to take photo and as soon as I got out of the water, I was freezing cold. My father prayed for us then we went to change. Then they had overnight worship which we didn't attend because Glady
Hey. I've been studying Chinese only for the past few days which kind of makes me worry for the rest of the subjects but I musn't fail my Chinese anymore. Must really study, not like last time, don't really care about it. Hope I'll be able to pass my A Maths which is another of my weak subjects other than Chinese. I've finally have self-discipline of not going online to chat. =) That's good news. haha. I'm not sure what happened to my shoutbox or my computer, I can't tag. Okay. That's all for now. Nights.