Skip to main content

Youth Camp - The Encounter

Day 1
I think I had a hard time getting up early as I had to say goodbye to my brother who is now in America with his school band. Reached the airport they took a band photo and say bye bye... My brother walked through the departure entrance and checked in. My father fetched me to Tampines MRT to meet the youths there. Jeanette, Johanan, Deeben, Joel and Kanga were there already then we went to Burger King to eat. Joel somehow banged into the dustbin and had a blueblack. Later on Cleff and Sam arrived. We took 29 to the Chalet which was really big compared to the Youth Chalet in November. Jeanette and I reserved the biggest room with the short flight of stairs but during the orientation Ernest told us we had to be in the same room as our tribe. So I changed room to the one nearest to the stairs far away from the one and only toilet on the second floor. We had to queue up for toilets. 10 over people to 2 toilets? =S We had praise and worship then the Encounter which was really great and during the sermon we spotted Sam's mistakes on the slides. Then it was free time, went outside and the youths all outside forgot what were we doing. I only remembered the guys doing some pull ups on the wall between our "house" and theirs. Natalie was really talkative when it was bedtime. She talked to Grace until 3am and if she doesn't talks she would sing in the night. =S

Day 2
Had devotion in the morning and Mandy came without her safari bed and so Natalie was quite disappointed. Mandy couldn't bring it because it would be too heavy for her to carry it home. For breakfast, Ernest gave each person 50 cents. My tribe had altogether $2 and we bought a loaf of bread and 2 bottles of water. Pathetic. Walked to the hawker centre, Ernest passed Jeanette's and my group $2 each more so we bought fishball soup. We didn't even open the water bottles and tried to sell it and there was Sam to buy it only when we reached back to the bungalow. It was praise and worship and the Encounter again and then lunch. Teambuilding games was fun which was lead by Alvin, Sam's bible school friend. First game was to play captain's ball with a huge ball bigger than my computer's monitor. Kanga was really rough and when the ball was near to the girls team he just tried to squeeze his way through and grab the ball. He also accidentally kicked me once when he was struggling. Ouch. Next was the so called watergun catching. Started off with Jeriel as the shooter and we had to run from tree to tree. I managed to sneak behind him on the first try. haha... Only got shot once by Deeben on the leg and had to go to Sam for "life". Forfeit was to give me 3 flowers. The game ended with Jeanette and then Joshua as the shooter who can't pump the watergun properly. Which I think it was heavy. Third game was some throwing sponged arrow. Girls and guys stand on each side of the slope and throw at each other. Wasn't as fun as the first two. I couldn't even throw to the guys' side. Then it was wash up and Praise and Worship and the Encounter. Had some free time and we played UNO with the guys and Petrina's father bough Roti Prata for supper. Then we started getting crazy and made the family tree thing. I'm the mother of Jeanette and Johanan. =S and I'm not related to my brother who is having a affair with Petrina. haha... Deeben was the family pet Voucher [how do you spell that?] - Dee Dee, and his best friend is The Carrot Boy - Reuben. haha...

Day 3
Had devotion again and breakfast this time Ernest was more generous. He gave each group $10. We ordered quite alot. Carrot cake, fishball soup again, ice kachang and just atap chee for Natalie. Praise and Worship, Encounter, Lunch, Games. We played a game which has 2 teams. Sort of like dorge ball. It was super fun. Once I was the last to stand and straight away got hit. haha... 2nd game was a strategic game where we must get a bottle which is placed behind the 4 throwers. We tried doing an army style by forming 3 in a row. I tried ways and finally when I was some at the side and the throwers were distracted I quickly ran and grabbed it. Yeah~! 3rd game was sitting down volleyball which wasn't fun so in the end we played Captain's ball and this time with a normal sized ball. First time I could play so well compared to my other times in school during PE. First time scored... First time caught a ball from long distance... Wow... Sarcastic. Played quite long and we left. On the way back Joel Lee shells were crushed by Denovan [spelling?] on purpose. So bad. Washed up and dinner time. Praise and Worship and the Encounters. Day by day during the Encounters the movement of God got greater and greater. I was shocked to see that Sam could pray for me about I being always afraid somehow when it comes to sharing when I didn't told anyone about me being afraid. That was when I knew it was God. Was totally fresh after all that. We had worship again and the girls were dancing behind doing the kicking leg thing. After that we had toilet break and we went back to the guys' place and shared. I didn't had the same feeling as before. Wasn't scared. Just felt normal. A nice feeling to feel normal. Thank God for that. =D After that my father came and I went home.

Day 4 [Today]
Had dance and we started the opening ceremony dance and after that was practice. Not many people were there because my brother is in America, Sarah in Korea, Reuben in Europe and next week my brother and I will be in Perth. yeah... finally going there again after 10 years. Now is getting late and this is my so far longest post. I shall fake the time on the settings but the real one is this.

Time:12.24am
Date:10 Dec 04

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medications, medications, medications. Only the third week of 2006 and I've fallen ill. Must be the weather. This is like the repetition of last year where I also had the same sickness - fever, flu, phlegm and coarsed voice. That was when and started failing chemistry after a day absent from school. How sad. Good thing this time it was over the weekends if not, I can't imagine what will happen with O levels coming up. I think it started when I caught in the rain then got to an air-conditioned room. Anyway, over the weekends I just rested and sleep and never do any revision! Ahh... Oh shucks. That's so slack. Alamak. So far this year it's been okay with the change of teachers and stuff and I think it CHANGED FOR THE BETTER and that's great for me. hah. Also, schedules shifted and now I've got TWO free days of the weekdays, that means, more days to study instead of last year's one. For my failing subjects, I think I need to do something about it. My amaths is

Year 2005

Happy New Year~! So quickly another year has began and 2 more days school reopens which I'm feeling rather excited but bored at the same time. Excited to meet new classmates and finding out which teacher are teaching us and bored that I have to wake up early every morning again and going to school to study. Just now we were in church practising All Day for the 2nd January and dinner we ate at KK hospital again. Straight away after that we got changed into shorts to get ready for baptism. The estimation of the baptism of each person wasn't that accurate as stated on the paper. Gladys and family was there and Vicknesh [spelling error?] was there too whom my brother told Deeben that it was his twin. haha... Both are so skinny. It was my first time opening my eyes in water. Samuel helped us to take photo and as soon as I got out of the water, I was freezing cold. My father prayed for us then we went to change. Then they had overnight worship which we didn't attend because Glady
Hey. I've been studying Chinese only for the past few days which kind of makes me worry for the rest of the subjects but I musn't fail my Chinese anymore. Must really study, not like last time, don't really care about it. Hope I'll be able to pass my A Maths which is another of my weak subjects other than Chinese. I've finally have self-discipline of not going online to chat. =) That's good news. haha. I'm not sure what happened to my shoutbox or my computer, I can't tag. Okay. That's all for now. Nights.