Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

This shall be a very long post. About Perth, Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Perth (17-23 Dec)
Day 1
Woke up quite early as we had to reach the airport at around 8 plus. The flight was at 10am. On the aeroplane we were amused by the size of the coke can. During the flight, we were cold as the outside temperature was -50 degrees. Reached there got one alamak staff, kept saying alamak in the slang way, who fetched us to our hotel. The hotel we got were connected with Gladys' but ours was smaller and one of the bed was a folding one, got it changed to a normal one since we were going to sleep there for 5 nights. Went to Murray Street near our hotel to shop and have dinner there. It was freezing cold. Ate at hungry jack, part of burger king, and there was a surf shop selling all kinds of stuff of roxy, billabong etc. We stayed there quite a while admiring the designs which singapore doesn't have. I tried finding a pencilcase that is nice but in the end I bought a Roxy handbag.

Day 2
My family had hotdog for breakfast while Gladys' family had instant noodles. After breakfast while we were waiting for the shuttle bus to fetch us to the jetty to go to swan valley, 4 of us [my brother, Gladys, Cheryl, me] were "begging". haha... we sat down and place my brother's hat for collecting money. Obviously no one "helped" us and we also don't want that to happen. When we reached the place we took Captain Cook Cruise and the ride was 1 hour plus. They provided food during the ride and one of the dishes was cheddar cheese. Yuck... So cheesy. They gave one plate of that which I barely could finish. Furthermore, the taste was weird. They also served one huge muffin each which I couldn't finish too. We enjoyed the scenery there and there was once when we saw a family fishing and everyone was watching them and an embarrassing thing happened. The mother's chair suddenly broke and she fell to the ground. The ferry trip ended and we were still not at our destination. We stopped by a place where there were beautiful flowers but I didn't want to take photo with the flowers but instead with a dull tree. haha... But I think it's nice. From there we took another shuttle bus and we reached centerfort where all the winery are there. From a big group was down to both of our families where we took a van who was driven by a lady who was our tourguide for the day. She brought us to a choclate factory where there was chocolate tasting then to a restaurant which was charge under the fee of taking the wagon trail. The wagon trail was really nice and the first stop was at Oggie's Ice Cream Cafe. They had a wide choice of ice creams and I had the raisin one. Don't really remember the name. From there we went an oldest church in Western Australia. The place was really antique and they had cemetries of a baby who was few months old to an old woman ageing 104 years old. After that place we stopped by a place where there grow crops like asparagus, we ate them fresh. There were raisins which were still attached to the stalks. We tasted different types of olive oil. From there we went back to the hotel. For dinner we ate at Han's restaurant where they served Chinese food done by thai. The serving was huge. At night we went to King's park and we went there by our receptionist directions. The trees were lighted up with different colours. When we wanted to come back we waited for the bus which was supposed to come after 10 minutes after the previous bus as told by the receptionist. But we waited so long and it was really freezing cold, temperature was about 14 degrees. Later we could not wait any longer a taxi came by and Gladys' family took it first. Waited somemore and I was wearing 2 layers of thick jacket which wasn't enough. Finally a taxi came and I was feeling extremely comfortable to be warm. Arrived at the hotel, Gladys' family were waiting for us downstairs at the lounge and they said my face was pale. =S

Day 3
Went to Fremantle by train which was different from Singapore's. They have a door between each carriage and to open it we have to press a button. It was quite a short journey even though there were many stops. Like from City hall to Pasir Ris. We first went to E Shed where we were lead by an old couple. While the adults were talking to a person asking about don't know what, Uncle Joseph bought for us fruits coated with chocolate for breakfast. But later on we bought cheese hotdogs which were very nice. We shop around and bought Nougarts and some other stuff. Then went to Fremantle Prison which was really interesting and was lead by a tourguide. At one point there was a mysterious window there. There was face of a woman who was the only woman who got hanged. It was a mirror that is not smooth and could be seen only at certain time of the day. We went around and he told stories about what happened there. One was about a guy who escaped from the prison 4 times by digging out using a spoon. Finally they locked him in another kind of cell which was made of limestone and has nails everywhere and they chained him up. Then a doctor said he'll die if they continue to put him in this way so they let him work outside to build more cells but again he dug out his way using the spoon. Escaped for 2 years and he was sent back to the prison when he was drinking in a cellar where the guards were there too celebrating something. As he got very old he lost his memory and he tried to dig out of the mental hospital. Okay, that's about the story. One room got a church and the window with the face of the woman could was just a piece of roughe surface glass. Then we tour around and after this we went to have lunch at a cafe and I ate omelettes. Then to Fremantle Market and back to E Shed. Took a train back to hotel and on the way back in the train, a man got stuck between the doors which are between each carriage. He was struggling terribly and it looks like his bones were going to break and we quickly pressed the button and when he was free, he had no expression, like he wasn't in pain at all. For dinner we went to buy instant noodles and roasted chicken from a supermarket near our hotel. That's all for that day.

Day 4
Had pastry for breakfast which were bought from the shop downstairs of our hotel. Then went to collect the van that we rented. We drove to Whiteman park where they have something like Singapore's Zoo. Just that the animals are different. Played with the kangaroos and carried wombats which were 15kg and was still considered as young. One bird was very fierce and my brother took a video of it and it poked our camera lens. At first I thought it was protecting its egg in its nest but when it stood up, it wasn't eggs but gumnuts. =S Uncle Joseph also disturbed on parrot in the cage and make it follow his bottle by its beak going up and down. Fed animals at Molly's farm and took a camel ride which was scary since I was afraid of heights. For lunch we met Uncle Joseph's friends at William Street and they brought us to a Vietnamnese restaurant - Sparrow. The food was cheap and good. Then we went back to Murray Street and that was when I bought my Roxy Schoolbag and Billabong Pencilcase [huge sized one]. The designs are so nice! For dinner we went to Fremantle and ate at Cincerella where they served real huge portions of Fish and Chips which we cannot finish. The decorations of the restaurant was very nice. They had a long fish tank filled with species of fishes which I never see before.

Day 5
Uncle Joseph friends invited us to their house for breakfast and the wife cooked porridge and made shepard's pie. Their house was very nice and big and the garden is filled with fruits like lemon. Then Uncle Joseph friend brought us to a park where we can feed birds there. Most of the time I fed the parrots as they land on your wrist if you stretch your hand out. But their claws can be quite sharp. Feeding the ducks were quite ticklish for me as they would just bite the food from ur hand from their blunt beaks. Then we went to a beach and to a strawberry farm where the season its over. At the farm, while we were playing a swing tied to a tree branch, a little girl suddenly came to us and shouted "really?" It sounded like really, couldn't catch what she was saying and 4 of us were laughing. Maybe she was scolding us some kind of vulgar words and we were there laughing or she could be playing with us. Who knows. We visited AQWA which is like Singapore's underwater world and I think Singapore's one is much better and cheaper. Seriously the price is too high and all we saw were just what we saw in Singapore and the only different thing is that the Stingrays and turtles are much bigger. We went shopping after that at a very big shopping centre - Whitford City. I bought a shirt and a belt from there and before that we ate pasta for lunch. Back to William Street which is where we ate at another Vietnamnese Restaurant for dinenr.

Day 6
Donuts for breakfast which were bought from Whitford city then we checked out of the hotel and left our luggages at the receptionist table while we visited Perth Mint. They showed us the process of melting real gold in 2000 degrees I think. They also sold us coins coated with gold and you can customize the words on it. Then we went to Swan bell and sadly the entrance wasn't free so we didn't go up as we didn't think it was worth it. Stayed around there for a while. Ate at a Tim Sum restaurant where they spelled it as "Tim Sim". While we were waiting for the parents to come out of the toilet, the 4 of us were fooling around, doing the heineken advertisement thing. haha... We did it with our hands and some customers were laughing at us. =X Walked back to the hotel and drove to Catton Hall [farmstay]. The journey was long to me because I slept throughout the journey. The house was nice and I thought we wouldn't be staying with the owner and ended up we were actually staying in the owner's house. She showed us around her farm, collecting chicken eggs and brought us to her neighbour's farm where the cows were coming towards us when we were in the lorry filled with hay. So many cows all only eyeing on the hay. Then her husband brought us to feed their horses and a famous horse in horse racing - Eric, but I never heard of it. Then to their farm where there were cows, CATS!, sheeps and ducks. First we let the cows out and they knew how to walk to the farm and the last quiet personality cow was so polite, he let us walk first while the rest of the cows were ahead of us. We fed them and there were 2 cats one named Persion [I think], Black and White one, and the other was Socks [Fury one - my favourite] but it's the naughtier one. For dinner we had barbecued food - Pork, Eggs, Onions and mushroom. Overall it was delicious and they served desserts too which was Icecream with pancake topped with Strawberry sauce. At night Cheryl and I banged on the piano and my brother and Gladys played pool. I slept in Gladys and Cheryl's room that night.

Day 7
Woke up and for breakfast was eggs, bacon and toast with their homemade bread and jam. Then we took the tractor down to the farm again and did the same stuff, feeding animals. This time we milk the cow but I was playing with the cats most of the time. I think Socks is much cuter than Persion but I prefer Persion as it's not as naughty as Socks. When I carried Socks for the first time it bit my finger but luckily it wasn't pain. Then second time, it scratched me. Then we went back to the house and she asked us to sign her visitor book. The lady gave Gladys a bottle of Apricot Jam because she loved her Jam so much. Then we packed our luggages and said our goodbyes. We went to the recommendations of the lady, a dam. Wasn't really awake when I walked around there. Then we went to eat our last meal in Perth at Chicken Treats then we head our way to the airport. ='( Bought some chocolates which must state that it is made in Australia. We board the Qantas plane. Bye perth. Arrived at Singapore at around 10pm. Took a taxi and my father just asked one question about what was the latest happening in Singapore, the taxi driver gave on whole load of story and even out of the question. haha... maybe sometimes they just need somebody to talk to during their job. Then it was home sweet home.

~*~
24th December
Had to wake up early for dance. Didn't had a good time as they tell me my place in SYF was taken away just because I missed one lesson on the 23rd. This is so unfair. And furthermore Mr Ng has already given me permission to go oversea and I'm punished with the 200 lines of 40 chinese words for missing that ONE lesson! It's definitely unfair! I didn't had a great Christmas Eve that day I was defintely looking forward to the Youth Concert so that I will forget all about it. He also forced us to go Horizon and he said he hates forcing people when he sacked 4 of my seniors just because they were not planning to go Horizon. Isn't that forcing?! I'm so pissed. I'm not planning to signup for Horizon this Sunday as I don't want to miss anymore of Church and we're celebrating Christmas this Sunday in Church with Musical. But I'm taking this risk because I still want to remain in this CCA as my interest in dance is still there. Finally dance ended at 12.30! Urgh... Then I hurried home and I went to Church to get ready for the concert. They were spraying graffiti of the word "One Way!" While playing the songs I tried my best not to play the wrong chords which I did in My Hope. I hope it isn't that obvious. Then after that my parents fetched us to Victoria house to celebrate Christmas and on the way there I told them what happend during dance and I started crying. ='( What a good way to celebrate Christmas Eve... At Victoria's house we had log cake and icecream, exchanged presents and we played X-box. Then it was time to go home.
25th December - CHRISTMAS DAY!
I woke up quite late at 11am and I didn't take my breakfast and for lunch my family ate with Gladys' and Aaron's family at Jack's Place. Same tradition every year. And my stomach had the same problem again because I ate with a terribly hungry stomach and I felt like vomitting. But somehow I slowly finished my food. Then all of us came to my house. At 5 Aaron's family left and after for a while Gladys' family and mine went to Marina South to eat Steamboat. Wasn't filling any better, had headache. Not sure is it because I was worrying about Horizon or what. Then we went to Gladys' house and I blogged there. Went home and I started packing my room in the night. I think I can pack better at night. In the night I felt better quite abit.
The timing of the posts are all wrong because I blogged it over a few days and I want it to be on the 25th of December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medications, medications, medications. Only the third week of 2006 and I've fallen ill. Must be the weather. This is like the repetition of last year where I also had the same sickness - fever, flu, phlegm and coarsed voice. That was when and started failing chemistry after a day absent from school. How sad. Good thing this time it was over the weekends if not, I can't imagine what will happen with O levels coming up. I think it started when I caught in the rain then got to an air-conditioned room. Anyway, over the weekends I just rested and sleep and never do any revision! Ahh... Oh shucks. That's so slack. Alamak. So far this year it's been okay with the change of teachers and stuff and I think it CHANGED FOR THE BETTER and that's great for me. hah. Also, schedules shifted and now I've got TWO free days of the weekdays, that means, more days to study instead of last year's one. For my failing subjects, I think I need to do something about it. My amaths is

Year 2005

Happy New Year~! So quickly another year has began and 2 more days school reopens which I'm feeling rather excited but bored at the same time. Excited to meet new classmates and finding out which teacher are teaching us and bored that I have to wake up early every morning again and going to school to study. Just now we were in church practising All Day for the 2nd January and dinner we ate at KK hospital again. Straight away after that we got changed into shorts to get ready for baptism. The estimation of the baptism of each person wasn't that accurate as stated on the paper. Gladys and family was there and Vicknesh [spelling error?] was there too whom my brother told Deeben that it was his twin. haha... Both are so skinny. It was my first time opening my eyes in water. Samuel helped us to take photo and as soon as I got out of the water, I was freezing cold. My father prayed for us then we went to change. Then they had overnight worship which we didn't attend because Glady
Hey. I've been studying Chinese only for the past few days which kind of makes me worry for the rest of the subjects but I musn't fail my Chinese anymore. Must really study, not like last time, don't really care about it. Hope I'll be able to pass my A Maths which is another of my weak subjects other than Chinese. I've finally have self-discipline of not going online to chat. =) That's good news. haha. I'm not sure what happened to my shoutbox or my computer, I can't tag. Okay. That's all for now. Nights.